“Environmental protection is an important goal for our company. We want to be kind to the environment and protect it. This is our commitment to future generations of people and animals”, explains Georg Müller, owner and CEO of Happy Dog.
It is clear to us what we need to do:
- Some of the electricity we use is produced by our own photovoltaic systems
- We participate in the dual system (Green Dot) which allows us to reduce our consumption of CO2, crude oil, etc.
- Our high-tech production facilities are kind to the environment and save both water and energy
- All of our box packaging is made from 100% recycled paper
- Up to 80% of our raw ingredients come from the region. Short transport distances mean less pollution.
As a pioneer in terms of sustainability, we also work on behalf of these projects:
We invest in tree-planting projects: Billion Tree Campaign
Since the start of 2011, we have invested 5 cents for every pack we dispatch in the replanting of woodlands. This has allowed around 2500 trees to be planted every year. A tree absorbs about 10 kilos of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year.
For more information, visit www.plant-for-the-planet.org.
Happy Cat/Happy Dog is one of the main sponsors of Augsburg Zoo. We are committed to keeping animals in a species-appropriate manner, which is why we support Augsburg Zoo.
It takes a lot of hard work to ensure that zoo animals are kept under species-appropriate conditions. Optimally-designed enclosures, ability for individual species to express their natural behaviour and species-appropriate feed are just a few examples of the factors that modern zoos have to consider.
And the zoo needs financial support from sponsors to be able to fund these measures.